Welcome to the world of CreatepreneurAfrica – our Scientist Emma!
Tell us what drives you? What is your true passion in life?
What drove me into my inventing is passion and determination. I have the passion for inventing something new into the world. I am fulfilled when I solve people’s problem with my inventions. That is why all must follow passions in life.
How did you find your passion and how old were you?
I found my passion right from a tender age. That was when I was in primary school called DSC model nursery, and a primary school in Orhuwhorun, Warri Delta state.
I initially found myself producing dusters that my teacher used in cleaning the chalkboard that was used for many years… and a torchlight…. lol….memories of yesterday.
What about your passion appeals to you the most?
Well, the passion that appeals to me the most is the act of producing electrical and electronic gadgets. I have this love for electronics design as far back as when I was in secondary school, called Challenge Academy Secondary School , DSC, Ovwian Aladja.
[amazon_link asins=’B0018SJ97S,1845114949′ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’exploremoth07-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’dc1756a5-417b-11e8-a41d-039da6d51a9c’]
I used to produce handset charger with torchlight, and I was into the production of producing inverters and battery chargers far back….That was SO many years ago.
What drove you to make money from your passions?
Actually what drove me in making money from my passion was that sometimes I went financially down and I noticed that it cost money to purchase materials. That made me start producing some product like the torchlight battery, lanterns and so on. I sold them and use the money I actualize to produce new products and also solve my financial problems.
When was the first time you were paid for your passion?
Smiles….That was so many years ago that was during my secondary school days then I improved on the version of torchlight I usually produced.
Then, in my primary school and sold it to one man known as Chika’s father. He bought it at N500 Naira ( Nigeria currency) so it motivated me to produce more and I continued selling them as demand increased.
What kept you going when you thought about giving up?
What kept me going when I thought of giving up was the encouragements so many people were giving to me. Some usually tell me that I have a brighter future and that I will go far in life if I don’t give up.
Sometimes when there is no money to buy materials to produce something, I will feel like giving up. Because of the passion for electronics design, I continue encouraging myself till I scale through it.
What motivates you every day to be even more successful?
Actually what motivates me to be more successful is that whenever I produced something and it worked, it motivates me to do more. Nothing motivates a man other than whatsoever he produces works.
What do you have to say to all of the people who doubted you?
Well, what I have to say to all those who doubted me is that they should cultivate the habit of encouraging fellow inventors like me and stop doubting them!
A lot of people who doubted me now see that I’m one of the fastest rising scientists on our Motherland of Africa, and they wonder why my findings were widely published in journals of over 120 Countries through the carbon capture report Chicago, USA and in some Nigerian Newspapers such as:
- African leadership magazine
- IT- Tech Africa Magazine
- The Ambassador Magazine
- Model Path Magazine
- Efric Entrepreneur magazine
- Herald magazine
- Voice of Nigeria Script
- The Guardian Newspaper – April 1st, 2017
- The Nation Newspaper – May 2nd, 2012
- The Sun Newspaper – October 14th, 2015 and 26th January 2016
- The Oracle Newspaper – November 29th, 2017
- The Champion Newspaper – February 4th, 2012
- The Pointer Newspaper – September 23rd, 2013
- The Truth Newspaper – October 10th 2012 and November 28th, 2014
- The Advocate Newspaper – September 10th 2013,
- Vintage Newspaper – November 8th, 2014, among others.
- BBC World Service – March21st2014
- DwtvGermany – December16th2017
- DwtvEspañol Spanish – December15th2017
- DwtvAfrica – December15th2017
- Channels Tv Uk In Eco @ Africa – December15th2017
- NTA International Ntai (Weekend Deal) – March 2016
- AIT International on Digivision – September 2017
- AIT international on O&M TV Show, June 2016
- Core TV International – September 2016
- Rave Tv International – November 2017
- Voice of Nigeria (VON) West Africa – December23rd201
- Delta Rainbow Television Warri – September 2013
- NTA Ado-Ekiti – November 2016
- Dream FM 92.8 Enugu State Nigeria with Uncle Jude Thomas Dawam
- Solid FM 100.6 Enugu State Nigeria WithDrChristian Enebe
- Radio Delta with Greg Amona, Mudiaga Asaba
My International Television program
They also have seen that I have been featured in almost all the top leading National and International media such as:
BBC World Service – March 21st, 2014
DwtvGermany – December 16th, 2017
DwtvEspañol Spanish – December 15th, 2017
DwtvAfrica – December 15th, 2017
Channels Tv Uk In Eco @ Africa – December 15th, 2017
NTA International Ntai (Weekend Deal) – March 2016
AIT International on Digivision – September 2017
AIT international on O&M TV Show, June 2016
Core TV International – September 2016
Rave Tv International – November 2017
Voice of Nigeria (VON) West Africa – December 23rd, 2013
Delta Rainbow Television Warri – September 2013
NTA Ado-Ekiti – November 2016
Dream FM 92.8 Enugu State Nigeria with Uncle Jude Thomas Dawam
Solid FM 100.6 Enugu State Nigeria WithDrChristian Enebe
Radio Delta with Greg Amona, Mudiaga Asab
Currently, I’m the C.E.O of Spirate Engineering and also the founder of Spirate Tech Foundation committed to imparting teenagers with technical skills.
I have equally engaged in efforts geared towards empowering the youth to be self-reliant towards in the area of Technology
- Fourth position worldwide among Top five solar energy inventions from Africa in 2017 – DW Germany.
- Holder of the prestigious award of model personality
- Award of one of the 50 most influential young people in Enugu state
- Afrihub Award on Ca-talk IMT Chapter Enugu state NigeriWestst Africa
- Spe Oil & Gas section 103 Rivers state award.
What advice do you give to aspiring creative is who look up to you?
The only advise I have to give to aspiring creative minds that look up to me is:
No matter the challenges you are going through or facing at the moment please don’t ever give up. Remember: “Winners don’t quit and Quitters don’t win”
~ Scientist Emmanuel Obayagbona