Impactful Experiences in the Horizons of volunteering in Africa, Tanzania
Volunteers flock from all over the world to experience Africa and volunteer in Tanzania. Volunteers in all stages, ages, and life phases. Why?
Products from Amazon.com
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $11.14Was: $11.99
Tourism by volunteering is slowly becoming a preferred way for travelers to journey to destinations they wish to explore. Volunteering allows local community involvement experiencing the essence and core of cultures in depth.
You can choose to engage in local art communities
Assist in animal conservation
Clinics and hospitals if you are in a medical field
Music and art festivals
Awaken a new spirit of consciousness, share your skills, and take home skills gained in practical knowledge and work. A volunteering program will most definitely add more impact to your personal lifestyle and presence. There are infinite benefits of volunteering in Tanzania, fostering world relations uplifting a solo traveler or group travelers.
Products from Amazon.com
The unique experience is a pathway of joining in unison with fellow volunteers from multiple other backgrounds and can be a journey of team building and bonding with friends or family in passion, energy, and skills.
There are Swahili and authentic art workshops like Tinga Tinga.
There are various schools and healthcare volunteer timeframes can be organised with medical fraternities.
Women and children community groups with the key focus of development for women and linked children's homes.
1.AMAP NURSERY SCHOOL
The Africa Modern Art project was developed to teach and help support underprivileged Tanzanian youth by upholding basic human rights, giving them the opportunity to use their full potential in their communities.
Bagamoyo is an integral part of a rich artistic history over the centuries.
There are approximately ninety students with regular intake. The implementation company of AMAP is The East Africa Aid Foundation in New York and Saidi Mbungu, a local talented artist.
AMAP Nursery consists of children from 4 years to 6 years. The number of ‘after school’ children from primary school are approximately 57 in Std 1,2,3. They are helped with school supplies, food.and uniforms
They learn English, games, art, drumming and songs. Every Friday they walk down the beach to play.
The AMAP headquarters are located at the beachfront adjacent to “Posta Zamani”, the prior location of Bagamoyo’s post office and right in the heart ‘downtown’ Bagamoyo
2. Storytelling through Art
Stories were originally created for teaching each other about-about life, including birth, love, food gathering, hunting, warfare, marriage and death but also about the Creation. The traditional way to educate about history.
Culture and laws were storytelling, using a combination of Arts form such as painting, singing, music and dancing to illustrate the ancient Elders had the obligation to pass the stories along, ensuring that young people build and retain a sense of who they are.
- There are storytelling events that focus on African Animals. In particular Tinga Tinga artwork. The stories depict life lessons of value and culture and education. The kids will gather and tell the story through created Tinga Tinga paintings.
- African art has played an important role in the culture and history of the world. It’s distinctive characteristics and inspirations have influenced many artists to adopt their own interpretation of the art in their own time period.
- Characteristics of African art have made its way into many paintings in the Cubist period, among others. If one examines the European avant-garde artistic movement of cubism, founded mainly by Pablo Picasso, you will find many themes adapted from African art.
- Artists are an invaluable part of every African society giving voice to the people through periods of oppression and achievement.
- Turmoil on the African continent has meant the lack of flow of great traditional works across the continent in which its artists are suppressed or not provided with opportunities to develop and market their products at the true value. Tanzania is home to some of the most ancient and beautiful art in the world.
- Tanzania has a remarkable position in art. Two styles became world known: Tingatinga and Makonde Popular African paintings painted with enamel paintings on canvas.
- The motifs are usually birds, animals and flowers in colorful repetitive design Tinga Tinga is one of the many forms of Impressionism the beautiful and mysterious continent of Africa has given birth to. Unlike Western styles of Impressionism, Tinga Tinga Art gets its unique and vibrant style from the magnificent natural surroundings of Africa.
- Artists have the freedom to use their brushes to express their thoughts in bright, eye-catching colors.
A striking feature in most of these paintings is the way the artists capture the animals of the Eastern coast of Africa, in what appears to the distorted yet a very interesting image of the original creature!
- Preschools accommodate children from 2-5 years old.Various preschool teaching areas like basic Mathematics and English.